[AZ-Observing] Re: DSC Scopes for Marathons

  • From: "Bob Erdmann at ngcic.org" <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 06:38:35 -0700

I think Jim is heading in the right direction on this topic.

To make it really "fair", shouldn't us folks with 30+ years observing
experience be given some sort of handicap?  After all, we have all that
accumulated observing experience that most folks at the Messier Marathon
don't have.  This could give us an "unfair advantage".  Maybe we should be
required to do the MM with scopes no larger than 4 inch diameter?

/Bob

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has
endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us
to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei
Bob Erdmann - Core Team Member & Webmaster
The NGC/IC Project - http://www.ngcic.org
e-mail: bobe@xxxxxxxxx