[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Panstarrs

  • From: "Ketelsen, Dean A - (ketelsen)" <ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 16:14:05 +0000

Hi Jim-

I went out to image it Monday evening, about 6 degrees off the horizon over
Phoenix!  The result isn't worth mentioning here after J.D.'s great image, but
it was visible in binoculars.  If you go to Heavens-above, they list it as 7.5,
which I can believe.  Note that only a week or two ago they had it listed as
closer to 10th, so they recently must have upgraded the brightness from the
nuclear magnitude...

-Dean