[AZ-Observing] M 101 Wide Field

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Forum SAC <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 12:38:51 -0700

I recently bought an adaptor that allows me to connect my Canon 60 DA to my FSQ
106. Last night I decided to test it out and put 90 minutes of 180s on the M101
area. This time i did flats, darks and biases and actually dithered between
exposures. It took be a while to try and tame the background but I love big
FOVs and this shows some neat stuff in the area. In truth, I like it even wider
so I may stick with the Canon lenses in the future. Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/8703013508/in/photostream/lightbox/

Albert