[AZ-Observing] Comet Lovejoy - Last Night - Animation is Done

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:59:41 -0700

My first pass at the animation was with the doubled up 30 sec frames.  and
the presentation made the comet look very "jerky"..
So I remade it using the 30 sec frames (2 doubling up). and things smoothed
out very nicely.
But. alas. a problem.  The program I use for animated gifs (Microsoft -
Picture It [Digital Image Suite 2006]) has a maximum of 99 frames.
Thus, the animation now covers a 49 min (real time) time frame.
The actual animation is only 60 seconds.

You can find the link at the bottom of this page.
http://www.az-dahut.net/index_5.htm

You will find two offerings.. The only difference is the screen size of the
animation.
While you are there, just above the Lovejoy information, is the link to my
previous Comet 2012-S1 (ISON) animations.
Please feel free to browse, and compare. It makes for an interesting
comparison.
ISON was small(ish), dimmer, traveled slower, and had a tail !!

If you would rather just have a link to the recommended larger screen size,
here it is:
http://www.az-dahut.net/animation%2030%20sec%20full%20768x%20585.gif

All comments are welcome.

David M. Douglass