[AZ-Observing] Christmas sunset and viewing report

  • From: <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:39:16 -0700

Hello all -
I posted some pictures of this evening's sunset from my backyard in
Tucson. I also had the opportunity to release some moistons from my new
pair of Canon 18x50 IS binoculars. I had the in-laws over for dinner and
showed them the Moon, Venus, Uranus, Mars and Saturn. The Moon was very
nice, being accompanied by thin wispy clouds that gave an almost surreal
effect. I was also able to spot Neptune but neither of my in-laws were
sure they saw this planet. All-in-all, not too bad for binocular observing
from mid town Tucson. Happy holidays to all.

Sam

http://www.balinka.com/sunset_xmas_03.htm