[AZ-Observing] Re: Chiggers at your Observing Site

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:29:56 -0800

Jeff,
I was ready to respond to your question but I was doing something else
on the PC. I plugged in a blind USB to download some images and then the
screen went blank. The place I bought the pc from thinks the USB cable
burned out the motherboard, even though I plugged in a blind one (i.e.,
there was nothing attached to the other end). I am using my other
computer until I can get it fixed. So, I don't have your original
message and that is the reason this response probably won't be part of
the original thread.

No, you will not have to worry about chiggers or no-see-ums at the
pot-luck Impact star party at my place on July 3rd. About 3 weeks ago I
think I saw some no-see-ums, but these usually only occur early in June.
I have not run into any recently while outside, and there were none at
the Solstice star party two years ago. Chiggers have never been a
problem. Those attending could bring insect repellant, but I really do
not think even that precaution is necessary.
Stan