[AZ-Observing] Breezy Thursday and Messier Marathon

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:05:20 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy all;

I know that a few folks were talking about going out to Farnsworth's Ranch
for an extra night of observing on Thursday evening.  It is 1 PM right now
and I am locating in an RV park that is 8 miles south of Casa Grande.  So,
I would estimate that I am about 20 miles from the Messier Marathon site.

It is windy!  My neighbor has an anamometer on his rig and it says steady
12 to 16 mph and gusting to 34 mph.  It isn't gale force, but I would not
like to try and use a telescope while it is blowing this hard.

The "weather guessors" are saying it will die down tomorrow and be quite
good by Saturday.  I certainly hope so.

See y'all there;
Steve Coe