[AZ-Observing] Boy Scout Merit Badge Project

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:47:45 -0700

To All,

I was recently ask to assist a Boy Scout troop in acquiring their Astronomy
merit badge. Has anyone in this group worked with the requirements? If so
please contact me offline as I would like to go over some of the finer
points to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

I have downloaded, printed and distributed the work book to the Troop and
worked through the first couple of requirements (there are 10  requirements
altogether and none are "Gimmies"). The whole thing appears to take about a
year to complete. Should be fun but any previous experience, pointers, etc.
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jimmy Ray
Jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx