[AZ-Observing] Re: Asteroid 2000 EM26

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:19:47 -0500

JD,

What is the field of view of the cropped frame?  Is north up, and east to the
left?  You should be able to get the exact time of the two images from the
camera's FITS files.  If you know the coordinates of the center of the image
(even within an arcminute or so) or can ID the bright star to the lower right
of your candidate, it should be easy to determine if that is the asteroid.

Tom