[AZ-Observing] Re: Asteroid 2000 EM26

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:33:39 -0700

The asteroid is near the Zenith when this was taken. North is to the left.
(Hyperstar reverses) East is at the top. The image is about 1/3 of a degree.
The whole frame is about 1.8 degrees wide by 1.2 degrees tall. Here's the full
frame (829K) flipped for correct view.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/59454099@N00/12622428095/

I'm working on identifying the brighter stars and small galaxies in the frame.
So far, I think the brightest stars are HIP 70409 (lower left) and HIP 69959
(right of center). A small galaxy between may be NGC 5608. But, I'm still
trying to plot everything. I haven't ID-ed the star by the possible asteroid
yet.

JD