[AZ-Observing] Re: Arizona weather question

  • From: "Kevin Bays" <bayskevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:22:25 -0700

John,

You're on the right track about the weather.  Areas which are more toward
the southeast part of AZ tend to get more rain/lightning, but it's also
dependent on altitude.  So Tucson is more prone to monsoons vs. PHX.  That's
bad for telescoping, but means we have a chance for more relief from the
high temps.

And sometimes I've noticed that sometimes Tucson does seem to end up as the
dividing line between the drier weather to the west and the rain to the
east.  The dividing line moves around though.  Phoenix and even Yuma can get
monsoons.