[AZ-Observing] Re: Arizona weather question

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:20:52 -0700

John,

Tucson is on a climatalogical and biological boundary.  Note the typical
plants east or west of Tucson, grasslands to the east, Sonoran desert to
the west.  The grasslands typically see more rainfall, but the reasons
are both weather pattern related and elevation related.  The line of
clouds is the edge of the tropical moisture coming up from Mexico.
Typically seen as a north-south belt of clouds in the satellite shots.
Watch it in the photos from week to week as it wanders east and west.

Andrew

--

Andrew Cooper
Tucson, AZ