[AZ-Observing] Re: 2" Eyepiece Adapter

  • From: Gene A Lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 16:35:18 -0700

Greetings,
I realized that I didn't have any way to put accessories onto the
backplate (of my 10 inch Meade LX200), so.I bought a 2 inch
clamping/rotating adapter from Dean Koenig at Starizona -- it was in
stock at the store in Tucson.
Not real cheap, about $150 as I recall, not sure of the brand.
It screws onto the 2 inch diameter backplate adapter threads (not the
really huge threads, the standard ones on the adapter -- same-o on the
10 inch and 12 inch Meades as on the 16 inch), and it rotates and clamps
onto 2 inch accessories, and has the "band" internal type clamp under
the set screw/knob.  The clamping for rotation is affected by two sets
of extended rods, making it easy to reach no matter what orientation.
The length is comparable to other standard accessories, so it doesn't
change the focus setting much...
I could take a photo....
Black anodized, nicely machined, thick wall.
Sorry I didn't get the brand name, but I'm sure Dean at Starizona can
help you out...

(Don't know if Warren Koutok [sp.] in Mesa has that accessory in stock;
probably not based on my slight experience with Photon Ltd.)
Gene
(17250)