<USS Avalon> "...With You."

  • From: Anthony Manson <circus_ofde_damned@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Avalon Sim <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 01:29:00 -0800 (PST)

"...With You."

by Anthony Manson and Alder Shimbrodus

"Alder, where have you..." I walked into our quarters with Alder no where in
sight. That was strange. It was getting late and I didn?t see him on the
bridge. There isn?t many places you can be at this time when the entire crew is
ready to get underway.

I hadn?t bothered to look around. I was just too tired. Most of the new crew
had come up to the bridge. A few fresh ensigns, a few seasoned officers, and a
few departures. Not to mention all the other concerns that came in from the
start and ending of shore leave.

I pulled my combadge from my uniform and placed the small object on the table.
But my hand went to the padd that rested there, cold to the touch. The block
red lettering said ?read me,? and my first thought was something from Section.
Cold anger burned right through my veins; this was just sick humor.

And that same cold anger faded almost instantly as I read through. By Alder. He
found an old song and he found that to be the best way he could describe us
together. He urged me to play it. Told me that it was the best way he could do
it without himself getting too emotional and all that soft stuff around me.
That brought a bigger smile than I already had. Naturally, I played the
recording:

And it's all in how you mix the two
and it starts just where the light exists
it's a feeling that you cannot miss
and it burns a hole through everyone that feels it

Well you're never gonna find it
if you're looking for it
won't come your way
well you'll never find it
if you're looking for it

Should've done something but I've done it enough
by the way your hands were shaking
rather waste some time with you

And you never would have thought in the end
how amazing it feels just to live again
it's a feeling that you cannot miss
it burns a hole through everyone that feels it

Well you're never gonna find it
if you're looking for it
won't come your way
well you'll never find it
if you're looking for it

Should've done something but I've done it enough
by the way your hands were shaking
rather waste some time with you

Should've said something but I've said it enough
by the way my words were faded
rather waste some time with you

Waste some time with you...

"Marry me," an all too familiar voice said from behind me. I turned, to see him
standing there. Where had he been hiding?

What do you say when you?re in this position? How are you suppose to act? I...
I don?t know. I just went with instinct as Alder walked towards me, closing the
small space between us.

"Marry me, Anthony," Alder repeated softly, looking into my eyes.

I felt him holding my left hand, and I had to look as he held a simple platinum
band. It still glowed under the dim lighting. And my hand was shaking. It
felt.. right.

"I will," I said simply.

Whatever he was going through washed away as a larger smile replaced his first
one. I felt it, like a great weight heavily lifted. He slid that ring onto my
finger as I looked at him.

Should've done something but I've done it enough
by the way your hands were shaking
rather waste some time with you...

*Music by: "The Used- Blue and Yellow"

 The all-new My Yahoo! ? What will yours do?