<USS Avalon> "Who to talk to?" Dr Roan & Cmdr Skyker

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:59:09 EDT

"Who to talk to?"
written by:
Dr. Felicity Roan & Cmdr Skyler

    Skyler had been sitting on the bridge for some time wondering how things
were going to work out now that Javan had decided that he no longer wanted
anything to do with her. It was going to be difficult to work with him and his
conceited attitude. She had noticed it when he first came aboard the ship. She
had also hoped that over time he would change, but apparently his near death
experience didn't do much to change his attitude.

    She had just finished talking to Kira and felt like she had gotten
nowhere in that area. In fact she felt as if she was going no where fast. She
needed
to talk to someone but who? She couldn't talk to the counselor, since rumor
had it that she and Javan were becoming an item. Keith was not one to talk to
someone on a personal level. She could talk to Georgia she supposed, but
Georgia was good for old fashioned advice. She needed someone who was more up
date. The only other person that she could possibly talk to would be Dr. Roan.
 After doing some thinking on the matter she decided that Dr. Roan would have
be the one.

    "Henderson you have the bridge until I return. If you need me for
something I will be in sickbay. Understood?"

    "Understood Ma'am. You will be in sickbay if needed. I will contact you
immediately if anything unusual happens."

    Skyler got up from her seat and walked over to the lift on the bridge and
entered it. As the doors closed behind her, you could here her say "Deck 5"
Leaning against the walls until the lift stopped on Deck 5, Skyler closed her
eyes and tried to make everything disappear. Unfortunately that wasn't going to
happen. It wasn't long before the doors opened with their usual "whoosh" and
Skyler exited into the hall and made her way to sickbay. She reached sickbay
and entered looking for Dr. Roan.

     Felicity was trying to find the bottom of her desk.  Since coming aboard
the Avalon, despite the great job her predecessor had done, there didn't seem
to be any shortage of paperwork.  And the PADDs....they just never went away.
 Even in her dreams, the PADDs danced around her.  She heard the doors to
Medical open and saw the Commander enter.

     By the look on Skyler's face, she didn't seem happy.  But on what level
of unhappiness, Roan couldn't be sure.  With a smile, she waved her over,
"Commander, have you returned to discuss the disappear...err reappear...err the
incident with Mr. WhiteFeather?"

     Skyler simply shook her head and wordlessly looked towards Felicity's
office.  She wondered if this had to do with something off the record. With a
nod, Roan retreated back to her office.

     "Commander, what can I do for you today?  You don't seem very happy.
 What seems to be the problem?"

     The Executive officer paused and gathered her thoughts for a moment
before starting.  She wasn't sure where to begin, she felt lost and uncertain
of
things.  One moment things with Javan had seemed so great, then thanks to his
near-death experience, the relationship was over before it really started.

     "Well, do you remember when you first came aboard and I was talking to
Dr. Moreya?  It's about that subject.  I need to talk to someone one
confidentially.  I just don't know how to handle this."

     Skyler was nervous, yet she knew she had to talk to someone or she was
going to go nuts. It was time that she sucked it up and just started talking.
But before she did that she walked over to the replicator and made herself a
drink, a good stiff Diet Pepsi with cherry flavoring and plenty of ice. Once
she
had her drink she found a chair and sat down and tried to get comfortable.

     "Well, you know that Lt Commander Sierra and I were starting a
relationship, and I was under the impression that things were going in a
positive
direction, especially after his near death experience. Then suddenly he decided
that he know longer wanted a relationship. He felt that he was headed in other
directions. Since then I have felt like I have done something wrong. I feel
something is wrong with me or just plain wrong in general. I don't know what to
do."

     Skyler got up and started pacing around the Doctor's office not sure
what to do, or say. She took a sip of her drink and then stopped and looked at
the Doctor.

     "You know Doctor, I would've have done anything for him, I loved him
that much. Although he didn't know it, because I wasn't sure how to tell him. I
wasn't even sure how he felt about me or anything, that's how secretive he is.
When he first came aboard the ship he had an attitude, and whenever we had to
talk we were always arguing yet I thought we had gotten past that. But I
guess I was wrong."

     Skyler began to pace some more and had some more of her drink and
wondered what the doc thought about all this. Her palms were all sweaty and she
was
all nervous so she just found a seat on the sofa and tried to get comfortable.

     "So what do you think Doc, am I going crazy or what?"

      Part of Felicity wanted to look Skyler in the eye and say, 'Yes Skyler,
you are going crazy,' and give her something to laugh about; however, given
her demeanor, that would have been in poor taste.  She concluded that the best
answer was the most obvious.  She took a deep breath and took a drink of her
iced tea and then continued.

      "Well, at the risk of sounding clinical, it's perfectly normal that the
Lieutenant Commander had a change of heart about you following the near-death
experience.  It might have scared or shocked him into a new way of thinking
and in this case, feeling about your relationship.  Again, I know this isn't
going to be comforting, but it shouldn't be construed as a personal attack on
you or how he might truly feel about you and the relationship."

      Felicity frowned.  She knew she had just been textbook counselor and
was a bit too formal for what Skyler needed, so she tried again.  "I know this
isn't easy for you.  In fact, I'm certain you're feeling mad, disappointed,
sad, cheated, vulnerable and about 50 other things that you just can't even put
into words.  What about a trip to the holodeck and we'll have target practice
with some tomatoes?"  She smiled and tried to offer the Commander a chance to
laugh, this time a bit more tactfully.

      Skyler just looked at the Doctor with a strange look on her face. "You
are recently serious are you? Throwing tomatoes in the holodeck? That is
supposed to solve my problem? Sometimes I don't know about you Doc."

      Soon Skyler was smiling more than when she first entered the office.
Perhaps she did need to throw something, but tomatoes didn't seem to be the
right thing.

      "Well, Doc, I think I will go throw something but I don't think it will
be tomatoes. I hope you don't mind if I come back and talk some more? I know
it's not your specialty but you do seem to have a knack for it. Thanks for
listening. I do feel a tad bit better. We'll have to see how things go from
here.
Thanks again."

      Skyler smiled and left sickbay and headed for the nearest holodeck for
some target practice and she knew exactly what she was going to throw and at
whom......