<USS Avalon> "Seeing Skyler"

  • From: KARGSuvwltaj@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 01:21:56 EDT

Seeing Skyler

"Will, Lt. Karg report to the XO’s office, please?"

It was Beta shift and Karg was headed for the gym when he heard the call.
Nerys would be on duty right now. Karg hit the turbo-lift on a run and in a
flash
was outside Cmdr. Skyler’s office.

She and Kira sat in silence waiting for him. Skyler looked very serious. "Sit
down Sr. Lt. I'm afraid I have bad news. . . Star Fleet has said no to your
request for transfer and they will not budge. Their stated policy is to
transfer couples who are engaged or married but NOT couples who are just
dating. And
I am afraid that in light of your recent history I was not able to add my
recommendation."

Karg looks at Nerys. Her face is drawn and flushed. She sits stiffly as
though her power cord had been pulled. Gently Karg embraces her as he pulls her
close. Leaning his head on hers he kisses her, "Nerys, this is not going to be
problem. I know exactly what to do. Just give me a little time to get
everything set up."
"OK." She walks stiffly from the room.

Karg stared at Skyler. He is trying to control his temper and losing the
battle.  "This is unbelievable! You have a problem with me so you decide to
punish
Nerys as well."

"Humans pride themselves for being so civilized. If this had happened on a
Klingon ship we'd knock each other about for a while and then it would be over.
But humans seem to feel it is better to harbor resentment just so they don't
get their clothes mussy. Damn it commander, this is underhanded and
dishonorable!"

"Don't bother to say anything ma'am, I won't be here to listen." And in a
second he is gone.

Sr. Lt. Karg
Chief Tactical & Chief Covert OPS Officer
USS Avalon