<USS Avalon> Waiting for details

  • From: Debra Mosqueda <mightymidgie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:05:45 -0800 (PST)

Josh returned to his quarters two hours before his shift was due to start to
shower, grab some coffee, and finalize some upgrade ideas before time to report
in. Mac was wide awake, for a change, clearly waiting for details.

"So," he asked with a wolfish grin. "Did you meet her?"

Josh shrugged noncommitally as he silently passed by his roommate went in to
start his shower.

"Josh," Mac inquired, heading into the bathroom and speaking up to be heard
over the shower unit. "Was she pretty?"

No answer.

"Was she even there?" Mac pushed, listening hard for his roommates response.

None came.

"Tell me you went!" Mac pleaded. "You didn't work that entire time, did you?
Dammit, kid you were offshift. Remember 'offshift'. That means no working. This
was your chance. Please, tell me you at least went."

Still no answer.

"DAMMIT, JOSHUA." Mac exploded in exasperation. "I can't believe you didn't go.
Three years, two ships, more female attention than most of us will ever dream
of, not that you even notice, and you still can't make yourself meet just one
girl? It's official. You're hopeless!" Frustrated, he turned and exited the
bathroom muttering under his breath about his roommate, the monk.

Joshua stepped out of the shower, one towel about his slender hips, the other
brusquely drying chocolate brown curls. He dressed quickly, finishing his tasks
and heading back to work with the slightest of smiles upon his lips. Mac noted
the smile and wondered...