<USS Avalon> "Unexpected Reunions"

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:30:23 EST

"Unexpected Reunions"
Captain Skyler
Ensign Sera Teryn

Having  finished her dinner with Tavi and her Aunt, Skyler had ships business
to take  care of. She made her way to the air lock so that she could make her
way to the  station. She had a problem in the brig she needed to take care
of. With the  Admiral so busy this was a problem she needed to handle on her
own. What was she  going to do with Captain Phillips?

In  her opinion he had committed murder. In his opinion he was just following
his  duty. The question was who is right. Was it cold blooded murder or  was
it  an act of discipline? As she was walking along the corridor she really
wasn't  paying attention. It was at that point that she ran into another  body.

Without  taking her eyes off of the PADD she was carrying she spoke sharply,
"The least  you could do is watch where you are going." Looking up her eyes
betrayed her.  She thought she was looking at Tery, but that couldn't be
possible. She had been  ordered away for whatever reason she didn't know.

Tery  was going over, in her mind, all the things she wanted to, and should,
say to  Skyler when she saw her.  Apologies, words of love, all of it washed
through her mind like waves through a canyon, and she found that none of it
seemed adequate to what she felt.  She had not wanted to leave, but things
were as they were, and she could not change them.  But what had Skyler
thought?
What had she felt?  Had she thought Tery had left her?   Had she thought that
she did not care?
So  engrossed in her thoughts was she that she did not see the other person
coming  down the corridor toward her.  They collided, and Tery immediately
offered  an apology.  Then her eyes widened as she realized whom she was
looking
at.  And, somehow, all the inadequate words slid away.  Everything  stopped.
“Skyler...?”   Was all she could find to say.  She'd known the other woman
was here; she’d  been headed to see her.  She just hadn't expected to see her
like  this.  I’m sorry, my Love.  Leaving like that was never my  desire.  She
thought, hoping that Skyler wouldn’t brush off the  telepathic contact they’d
shared before her leaving, that she’d accept the  apology, that she’d accept
*Tery* back.
Skyler  stood there in shock. It was Tery standing in front of her. "Tery...I
thought  you were sent away? What are you doing back here? Then why did you
leave without saying  anything? Not even a note. I felt like I was a
disappointment to you. Like I had  failed you.
Tery  felt her heart stop for a moment, and not in a good way.  She’d hurt
Skyler, and that was not something she’d ever wanted to do.  You’ve not
failed me, Love!  She reassured gently, her whole heart in these words  and
those
that followed.  They didn’t give me time for anything.   They... said to go
immediately.  They didn’t tell me why.  She’d  only found out why when she’d
reached Betazed.
Skyler  didn't know what to do. She had started a relationship of sorts with
Moreya and  that had been very special. More than she had ever expected. She
had learned a  lot about herself and her feelings about Moreya.
She  looked up at Tery and didn't know what to say. "I am sure Lieutenant
K'etrall  will be glad to have an engineer back. I can't stay and talk I have
take care  of some business on board the station. I will talk to you after I
return from  the JAG officer. I don't believe your quarters have been changed."
Looking  at Tery one last time Skyler turned and continued on her way to the
station.  Unfortunately her mind was no longer on what to do with Captain
Phillips but how  to solve the situation with Tery.
Tery stood frozen for  a moment.  Just like that, she was dismissed.  Not in
the way a CO  dismisses an officer from a meeting, but in a much more personal
and painful  way.  Her grey eyes misted slightly, and she turned away.  She
could  not let Skyler see how much that dismissal hurt her.  She knew the other
 woman was justified; but that did not stop it from hurting.  At least she’d
promised to talk to her later, right?  That was something... wasn’t  it?
She moved off down  the corridor, one last thought reaching across the
distance between them.   I will always love you, Skyler.  No matter what the
other
woman  decided.  No matter how much losing her would rip out of Tery, she would
 always love her; that much she knew.  Always.
As she walked away  she could feel Tery within her. Talking to her. She just
didn't know what to do.  She had been hurt so badly, could she just start over
as if nothing had  happened? Should she? I know you do. I just need some time
to figure things  out. Don't give up just  yet.

products.