<USS Avalon> "Two-Headed Coin"

  • From: "Brad Ruder" <GroundZero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:09:24 -0700

?Two-Headed Coin?
by Lieutenant Commander Javan Sierra
& Lieutenant JG Savannah Eckstein

He walked down the corridor without a purpose. Javan would admit that he?d been shut down and that his advances on the beautiful counselor had met a brick wall and faltered. It?d happen before and he knew that it probably wouldn?t be the last time that he?d end up sleeping alone. Luckily, Javan didn?t feel like sleeping alone and he had just the out to make sure he didn?t.

The door chime rang and Savannah jumped. The brush in her hand clanged loudly on the table as she walked to the doorway. Hissing open a gasp caught in her throat for she wasn?t expecting company or anyone dressed in informal attire. She gauged him up and down, admiring his intimidating posture, and noting his handsome features, a smile nipped at her mouth.

?Lieutenant Commander Sierra, what can I do for you??

?I enjoyed our date last night.? He said as suavely as he could, ?I was very upset that it had to end. I was hoping that we could sit down and talk more and learn more about each other.?

She smiled, ?That it??

?Was there something else that you wanted to do that I wasn?t aware of?? Javan leaned against the bulkhead and smiled his trademark smile ? she melted and he knew it. ?Do I have to stand in the doorway some more or are you going to invite me in??

She smirked again and motioned him in. The quarters opened up from the narrow doorway into a formidable atrium with large windows ? larger than his quarters anyway. ?So, what do I owe this follow-up visit? I feel like I?m a patient and the doctor is calling me back to see how I?m reacting to medication.?

Javan smiled and sat down on the couch, ?I was hoping to spend some more time with you.?

?Really??

?Yes, really.?

?What do you want to talk about then?? Savannah said as she sat down next to him on the couch. Her eyes pierced his and her hand gently glided to his knee.

He leaned over, a mischievous grin crossing his face, ?Who said anything about wanting to talk?? He grabbed her chin, tilted it up, and kissed it passionately. When he released it he could see the satisfaction in her eyes. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the bedroom.

********************

Her head lay on his bare chest. Javan stroked the fine strands over hair across her face and looked at her sleeping form. She was the epitome of pure innocence and at the same time she was everything except innocent. Slowly rolling her onto her pillow, Javan slid out of bed and dressed himself.

He replicated a white rose and put it on the pillow next to her. He tapped on a PADD and rested it next to the flower.

It read:

Dear Savannah,

Last time was wonderful.

Unfortunately, I have a job to do on the Allegiance and cannot be here when you wake.

So, I leave this rose as a sign of my love.

Yours,

Javan

With that he strode out of the quarters and into the turbolift. He knew that death would soon be at hand for two of the people ?saved? from the USS Allegiance. He was passionate, as Savannah had seen, but he was also a ruthless operative of a top-secret organization.

It?s all about the job.