<USS Avalon> The Joy of Physicals

  • From: IsaRevived@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:51:42 EST

"The Joy of  Physicals"
Joint Log by Captain Adrian Jackson Phillips  & Lieutenant First Class Isaac
Mahler
Chief of the Marines & Chief Medical Officer,  USS Avalon NCC-27926-C

    Dr. Isaac Mahler was sitting in his office going  over the morning
reports, sipping at his coffee and looking at a PADD listing  the various
species of
butterflies in his collection. He'd developed a mania for  lepidoptery -- it
ran in the family. Suddenly the chime rang. He looked up.  "Enter."

    Adrian, dressed in a rather casual attire of  military fatigues, entered
into Issac's office, scanning the area for a moment  before settling his eyes
on the man in front of him. "Dr. Mahler I  presume?"

    Isaac smiled, leaned back and gestured to a chair.  "Indeed. What may I
do for you, Captain?"

    Pulling the chair out, Adrian took a seat before  continuing. "I do not
believe we have in person, though I believe we served on  the same ship at one
point during the Dominion War. I just came by to make sure  you were aware of
the marines and the system we have in place." He seemed  professional, but at
ease about the whole situation.

    Isaac nodded. "Yes, it's a bit out of the ordinary  to most fleeters
regarding Security, but I think people around here will adapt."  He grinned.
"Back
during the War beggars sure couldn't be choosers, eh?"

    "You take what's given to you and make it work,  that's still my
philosophy at least." Adrian returned the and handed a PADD over  to Issac. "On
this
PADD contains the medical information of each of the marines.  As far as I
know, they are still subject to your medical examinations and they  also be
required to perform spontaneous physical fitness examinations. We have 5  field
medics with us as well." He paused for a moment, letting it all sink  in.

    Isaac looked over the PADD, nodding. "Excellent.  And very professional.
Well, Captain, I'll look forward toward your sending your  men this way at
their earliest convenience so we can get physicals underway." He  looked up and
smiled. "I hope that sets a good standard for the rest of the ship  -- you know
how so many people complain about the physicals."

    Adrian shrugged. "Some folks need to get over it in  my opinion. I'll
have to be careful to make sure the marines don't get sloppy  either. We're
generally a prideful bunch, and it can't go to their heads  otherwise they'll
just
be issues. They are not above anything as far as I'm  concerned, and they'll
discover that very soon," He tapped his fingers for a  moment before finishing
his statement. "that is of course, when they realize  they have physcho evals
to do as well."

    "Oh yes," laughed Isaac, "that'll get them in here  quickly. Well, I
suppose I should start making preparations at my end ... and  you should
likewise
inform the Marines about making their own."

    He nodded and stood. "Will do doc, and glad to see  that things are off
to a good start. I hope that they will stay this way."  Adrian smiled and
turned to the door to exit.

    Captain Adrian Jackson Phillips
    Chief of the Marines, USS Avalon NCC-27926-C
    &
    Lieutenant First Class Isaac Mahler
    Chief Medical Officer, USS Avalon NCC-27926-C
    Admiral Keith Ketchum, Commanding Officer
    Celestial Prime Alliance Sim Group
    Fleet Admiral Gem Rhee, Founder
    Admiral Keith Ketchum, Commander-in-Chief
    Vice Admiral Aleksander Radetzky, Judge Advocate  General