<USS Avalon> "Strangers Meet Again?" Skyler, Cazook and Marksbury

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:35:31 EDT

"Stranger's Meet Again?"
written by:
Cmdr Skyler, Dr. Cazook & Junior Lt. Elissabeth Marksbury

Skyler and Dr. Cazook had both just stepped off the transporter PADD and were
making their way to sickbay. Once Skyler dropped Cazook off to see Dr. Roan,
she was going to make a beeline straight to the quarters she shared with her
husband Mehdi. She would have to make up for her disappearing act somehow.

Lissi once again went in search of Doctor Roan.  There was a bit of bounce to
her step as she thought of her lunch with Monroe.  It was a good day to be
aboard a good ship.  She began humming a little tune as she walked.  Lissi
turned a corner in one corridor and saw two women approaching.

Lissi intended to nod hello at them, but she made eye contact with the
younger of the two and suddenly nothing made sense anymore!  It was that same
feeling that she experienced when Monroe found her looking confused earlier.
It was
as if she lost something but forgot what she was looking for.  It completely
stunned her.  Her momentum stopped on a dime and she stood staring at Skyler.

The young woman looked familiar to Skyler but she couldn't place her finger
on where she knew her. As it turned out the younger woman was just as confused
as she was.

Who is this and why is she staring at me? Skyler wondered.

"Are you ... okay?" Skyler managed to ask.

"I ... You ... Who are? ... I know you.  No ... I'm ... lost," Lissi replied,
shaking her head, as a faraway look came into her eyes.

"Uh, should I know you? For some reason you look familiar."

During this conversation, Dr. Cazook was taking mental notes. This was going
to prove most interesting indeed.

Suddenly, in Lissi's mind, she saw herself standing in front of this woman
while she was tied up in the floor.  Then, just as suddenly she saw the woman
swinging a piece of metal at her head...

"NO!" Lissi screamed, grabbing her head with both hands, eyes closed tightly
as if in pain.

Skyler and Dr Cazook did not know how to react.  One moment this girl was
standing in front of them staring curiously and the next she was grabbing her
head and screaming.

Skyler did what only came naturally to her in that type of situation. She
went up to the young woman and tried to comfort her. Unfortunately, it seemed
that the more Skyler tried to comfort her, the more agitated she became. Skyler
looked at Dr. Cazook.

"You're a Doctor. Do something instead of just standing there taking notes."

Skyler still had her doubts about this Cazook woman. She was beginning to
feel sorry for Georgia and everyone else in sickbay.

Dr. Cazook looked at Skyler. "You know my orders. I am not to interfere in
medical problems. There is nothing I can do but observe. I am sorry."

"Dammit, this woman is in obvious pain. You are obligated to help her,
besides I am ordering you to help her. I believe under those circumstances you
can
provide medical attention. So I suggest you get off your duff and do something
NOW!!"

Skyler still had her arms around the young woman and even though it was
uncomfortable for her, what with her being part Betazoid, she was not going to
leave her with no support at all. She helped guide her to sickbay, where
hopefully
Mehdi or Dr. Roan would be working. It was obvious to her that Dr. Cazook
still had her head in the clouds.