<USS Avalon> Re: Escape from Alcatraz by Ensign Sussanna Jameson

  • From: Teek <tkilyle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:11:47 -0800 (PST)

Nasal accent?  The swearing, hissing and crashing...definitely but not all of
us native New Yorkers sound like Fran Drescher

Elizabeth Platt <ejbethell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Escape from Alcatraz
by Ensign Sussanna Jameson

Swearing, hissing and crashing brought Anna floating to the surface of her
dream. It had been a really nice dream, there had been this really hot... The
reality of the situation hit her as the nasal New York accent of her roommate
cut through her musing. Grumbling, she gazed at the clock beside her bed to see
it was only three-oh-four. She'd set the alarm for 03:30 and now she was awake.
 I'm not a morning person, she growled.

Sussanna rolled out of bed, pulled on a robe and slumped into the main room.
Her eyes were instantly assailed by a scene of complete destruction. Her
roommate, Lil, was sat in front of the door to their quarters with her head
stuck into an open panel. Most of the wiring from the door lay in a tangled
mess about her feet. As Anna entered, she looked up and glared.

"There's something wrong with this damn door!"

"I can see that," Anna said ryely.

Lil's glare deepened and she returned to fiddling with some wires. "It wouldn't
open when I tried to leave for breakfast this morning."

"Breakfast? It's three a.m. Why are you going to breakfast this early? When's
your first shift, for God's sake?"

Lil threw the wires down with a huffing sound. "Six, okay! I just got hungry, I
need to eat you know."

"For three hours?" Anna sauntered over to the door to get a better look.  What
kind of fruit and nut-case had they bunked her with? "If it wouldn't open, did
you think of calling Security?"

Suddenly Lil looked sheepish and clambered to her feet. "No," she muttered.
"Maybe I should've..."

"Maybe?" She was thoroughly shocked that someone could have so little common
sense. She pressed her comm badge. "Ensign Jameson to Secuity. There's a
problem with my door, could you open it for me?"

"Hello Ensign, you're the second person to call this morning. Maybe we should
have someone from Engineering look at them," a disembodied male voice called
out cheerfully.

"Yeah, already have one of those," she mumbled bitterly as she glowered at Lil
sulking in the corner.

"What was that?" the Security guy said with a chuckle. "That should do it for
you."

Anna heard some clicking noises and the door creaked a little. "Um, I'm still
looking at a closed door. Is there still a problem?"

"Not from our end. All locks have been released."

"Oh bollox! Sorry, thanks, you've been grand. Jameson out." She span round.
"You realise that I have training this morning at four, don't you!" She was so
angry that she was spitting. "You bloody stupid tinkerer. You..." In
exasperation she turned her back on her roommate.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't realise." Lil growled, got up and in her best
dramatic style, flung herself into her own room.

Bloody engineers, she thought. "Computer, locate the nearest Jefferies tube
from my current location."

"Jefferies tube 8209 located two point four metres from current location of
Ensign Sussanna Jameson."

"Computer, does Jefferies tube 8209 have a hatch in the private quarters of
Ensign Jameson?"

"Affirmative."

Anna sighed with relief. She returned to her room to change and program her
PADD with a map of the whole Jefferies tube network. Her uniform was crisp and
clean, although she didn't know why she was bothering with it when they would
probably end up covered in muck and blood by the end of the day, if she
remembered her previous training exercises correctly.  On second thoughts, she
thought as she dug out her black gear. She took off her uniform and pulled on
the black clothing. Carefully, she folded her uniform up into her back-pack
along with her med-kit and any other stuff she could think of.

Glancing in her mirror, she grinned and headed to the location of the tube
indicated on her map. It was securely bolted, but a quick rake around in Lil's
stuff provided her with a few useful tools. Most she packed in her bag,
promising herself she'd give them back later, then she used an old-fashioned
screw-driver to remove the tube cover. She pulled herself in, checked her map
and set off toward the Security Briefing Room for the start of her training.

Teek, the lil'est Shaow-Rin & biggest fan of my man Benny

Paws off the Fuzzy Elf!  He's mine!

"Shut up, I am a genius, do not question me, be gone miscreant!"
"But Mr. Morrison, that was a run on sentence"
"Begone I say!"