<USS Avalon> Pre-Natal Visit

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:17:25 EST

Pre-Natal  Visit
by Sussanna McEntire and Phillipa  Waterson

Phillipa walked along the  corridor, after almost running into the Captain.
Or rather he almost ran  into her, literally.  She knew that she needed to
visit the doctor to have  a checkup on the little ones growing inside her.  It
had been too long  since the exam on Deep Space Nine.

She walked into Sickbay,  and took a seat in the side waiting area.  She had
several minutes before  her actual appointment time, but she liked to be a tad
bit early.

While waiting, she  wondered how she would tell the father of the children,
that he was in fact the  father of the children.  Since that one night, he
seemed to avoid eye  contact with her, and it seemed that their shifts were
totally opposite, as he  was never in the lounge eating the same time she was.

Finally, at the time of  her appointment, a nurse that she had never seen
came out, "Ms. Waterson, Doctor  McEntire will see you now.  Come on back."

Phillipa followed along  and entered a private exam room, and sat in a chair.
 As she looked over  her stomach, she could see it moving, a thump here and
there.

Feeling rather  uncomfortable, Anna all but waddled into the exam room.
"Hi," she said as  cheerily as she could.  "What can I do for you today?"

"Ah, Doctor, you seem to  be a similar boat as myself.  I thought it best to
get a follow-up  pre-natal visit, since my last one was on Deep Space Nine,
before we disembarked  then."

"Hmph," Anna teased  lightly, "Avalon medical not good enough?"  She gave the
woman a bright  smile and tapped the biobed.  "Ah well, best get you seen to,
just pop  yourself up on here for me, would you?"

"Well, I had my reasons  for visiting them there", as she climbed onto the
biobed.  "They told me on  the station that I will be having three children."

"Wow, I can trump ya,"  Anna winked as she laid a gentle hand on Phillipa's
shoulder to lay her  down.  "I'm having five."

"Five?  Wow, I'm not  sure that I could handle that many, actually, I'm not
sure I can handle the  three, especially being alone."

"Alone?"  Okay, Anna  thought, now that's just wrong.  "Ignore me, just being
nosey and that's  not fair.  Right, let's have a looksie, shall we?"  With
that, she  started the diagnostic arm and watched as information filtered onto
her  screen.

"Aye, Doctor, the father  doesn't even know.  So, do they look healthy?"
Trying to change the  subject.

Anan blinked but didn't  comment.  "They look just fine.  Would you like to
see?"

"Really, can I?  Can  we tell what sex they are?  I'm not really that
informed on this sort of  thing, I just drive the ship around."

"Of course we can  tell.  It's just a case of knowing which chromosomes are
in your  children.  And we can do that right away."  Anna tapped in a few
commands then beamed.  "Two boys and a girl."  She turned the monitor  so
Phillipa
could see the small children.  "And there they  are."

Phillipa turned towards  the monitor, "Oh my."  Her eyes started to tear up
from the joy, and that  kick that one of them just gave her.

Anna smiled warmly,  rubbing the woman's arm gently.  "We're all done here.
Do you have  any questions?"

"I don't believe so", she  spoke softly, still looking at the monitor.

Anan chuckled.   "Would you like me to make a vid of them?"

"Oh, if you would, maybe  after watching that, I might get up the courage to
go tell the  father."

With a nod, Anna  downloaded a vid of the babies to a data solid then handed
it to Phillipa.   "If there's anything you need, let me know.  You need to
start prenatal  classes, we run them every week.  If you can't make the slot
then
you can  just do them on the holodeck, but it's not substitute for a group."

"Thank you, Doctor.   Thank you very much."  As she rolled off the biobed and
headed to her  quarters just staring at the data chip.