<USS Avalon> Panicking

  • From: Anthony Manson <circus_ofde_damned@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Avalon Sim <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:26:11 -0800 (PST)

Panicking

by Lieutenant Commander Anthony Manson

"I?ve picked up a Federation ship, coming in at warp eight!" A Ferengi squeaked.

"And? They won?t know what we are doing. As far as they are concerned we are
here conducting a business transaction and this is our rendevous coordinates.
Hew-mons are stupid by nature." The DaiMon was sure of himself as he looked at
the readouts.

Another Ferengi monitored the readouts, hands on the globe console, "But that
is a Starfleet vessel. They will no doubt question us and scan us to make sure
we?re telling the truth."

"I don?t pay you lobeless fools to question me!" Lenik shrieked.

"But you didn?t say didn?t see the Material River flow to this direction!"

"Frinx, what do I have to do for you people, double your pay for the next five
hours?!"

Lenik crew looked at him, eyes eager and smiles spread across their faces.

The captain looked at them all, "make it for the next three hours, now get back
to work! Keep sensors on that ship. Notify me when the they are within
communications range. Contact the other DaiMon, tell him to get here. If push
comes to shove, one Starfleet vessel is no match for two marauders." The DaiMon
gave a sneer as he left the bridge.

********

"They?re here, aren?t they?" T?Pex looked at him.

"Not who you?re expecting." Lenik said, he still squirmed under the gaze of the
Romulan.

T?Pex smiled. He was liking the uneasiness he provoked in the orange alien.
Even as a prisoner, he still had power. "You?re not expecting whatever it is,
either."

"It?s a Federation ship!" Lenik blurted out.

T?Pex laughed, "We?re as good as dead now."

"Keep thinking, Romulan. I still have options."

"I?m sure you do, but you?re not seeing them. You had options the moment you
beamed me on board you antiquated vessel. And typical of your species," T?Pex
gazed at him with superiority, "you squandered it for greed."

"Shut up!" Lenik squeaked. "I don?t need you to tell me anything."

"Then why are you here, Ferengi?" T?Pex looked at him. "If you don?t need or
want my help, then you certainly don?t need to be talking to me."

"Actually, as much as I loathe to admit it, I need your help."

T?Pex went into a burst of laughter, "you people really are pathetic. What is
you need from me, Ferengi?"

"A legitimate reason for our being here."

"That?s it?" T?Pex laughed again. His options had suddenly expanded. "Release
me, and I?ll do what I can."

"How do I know I can trust you?" Lenik narrowed his eyes.

"My pathetic little orange man, do you want to be at the end of Starfleet?s
mercy?"

"No."

"Then neither do I, you fool. Now release me!"

Lenik hesitated for a moment, and then deactivated the security field.

T?Pex stepped out, giving a sneer that was completely Romulan in every way.

http://mail.yahoo.com