<USS Avalon> "Letter to an old Friend" Georgia Lewis

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:13:34 EDT

"Letter to an old Friend"
Georgia Lewis

Sitting in the back of the runabout Georgia heard Skyler give the command
for the rest of the shuttles to set course for Izar. She hoped that some of the

tension she could see in Skyler would let up. Then again she knew better. It
wouldn't let up until everyone was off Avalon and safely on their way.

With nothing better to do she took out a blank PADD she had grabbed and
started to write on it. She decided she was over due in writing to Eliza Mae
and
what better time then now.

"Dear Eliza Mae,

I's sittin on a fancy shuttle headin to sumplace called Izar. Dun't knows
that I's ever heard tell of it, but seeings how wes has to abandon the Avalon I

reckon I'lls find out 'bout it soon 'nugh. Yes, this here mighty ship is dun
died in the water, so's wes all has to leave her. Miss. Skyler ain't takin it
 too good. We already dun been through dis at least once already.

I's not really sure what happen' although what ever it was, came 'bout  after
we had sum big hairy spider on board. Lordy, that thin was a biggin. Never
seen one dat big. You'd been runnin fer the hills faster den if'n you'd seen a
skunk wit it's tail aimed at ya. Actually, she, being the spider, was
actually  pretty nice. Sumtimes she seemed nicer den you ole woman.
Now don't go gettin your undies in a knot, yous knows I's jest messin wit
yous.

Miss. Melanie seems to be gettin' bigger day by day. I surely hope she has
dat chile soon, afore she bursts. I's knows Miss. Skyler is worried 'bout her,
but you ain't 'bout to get her to say so. Yous know hows stubborn dat chile
is.  Sorta like yous.

I's no's dis is short but once I gets back home I kin fill you wit more
details. You best not be stealing my Pecan Pie recipe? Yous know its mine so
yous
keep your little mits offen it.

I's still loves ya, ya ole fool. Hope to see ya as soon as I kin.

Loves ya,

Georgia"

Taking one last look at her letter, Georgia placed the PADD back in her
back. She would send it when they reached Izar or as soon as she could. She
looked forward again and hoped something would happen soon.