<USS Avalon> I.C.E.

  • From: X X <vulcan3324@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 00:40:50 -0800 (PST)

I.C.E.
By V'Tresh

  V'Tresh was keenly aware of the rift that had arisen between herself and her
parents due to their difference of opinions on how Vulcans were to deal with
their emotions.
  Actually, she would have had to be a brick not to. It'd be steadily growing
for what, the last decade?

  Continuing the 'disgrace' she had done her family and house, she'd just been
assigned to what would doubtlessly be termed a 'warship'. Just the 'icing on
the cake'.

  "Computer, open communications channel to the Shi'Kahr Academy,
communications link 0071."

  The computer hesitated for a moment before responding. "Channel secured."

  She closed her eyes for a moment, placing a deceptively placid expression on
her face. "Engage visual uplink."

  The image of T'Rella, V'Tresh's mother and worst critic, blinked onto the
screen in crystal clarity. "Yes?"

  "Good evening, Mother. I trust that I did not interrupt your work."

  "No."

  How easy it was to forget that Vulcans don't participate in small talk. "I
have completed my Starfleet training and have been assigned to a vessel. The
USS Avalon."

  Even the stoic Vulcan had to raise an eyebrow at that. "Indeed." She glanced
off to one side, apparently attempting to respond in a manner that was less
than inflamatory. "And you see fit to inform me, why?"

  Damn, this was a pointless exercise. What was she supposed to do? Apologize
for being on a starship? "I assumed you would have some semblance of an
interest in my life, despite my being such a bitter disappointment."

  T'Rella wasn't about to say anything that would reassure her daughter that
she was no disappointment, because that was exactly how she viewed her. "A most
illogical attitude that I would have a concern for what vessel you were
assigned to. However," she reluctantly added, "it will be useful in case of
emergency."

  Which obviously implied that an emergency would be the only reason either of
her parents would need to contact her. "I'm sure it would be," V'Tresh replied
with a wide smile. "Take care of Father and yourself."

  "It would only be logical," was the last thing the ensign heard as she cut
the comm.

  "Logic. Logic this, logic that..."

  She smirked. "At least it'll be handy In Case of Emergency..."

 Yahoo! Mail