<USS Avalon> Accounting for the Crew

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 00:47:06 EST

Accounting for  the Crew
by Keith Ketchum and  Skyler

All the shuttles and  runabouts were in line behind the captain and the
Aeroshuttle. Standing to look  at the Avalon one last time, Skyler watched as
the
individual running lights  blinked one last time as the infected power cells
shut down the ship. She was  now looking at a dark and deserted ship. A small
twinge squeezed at her heart,  but it only lasted a moment. She knew that a new
and better ship awaited  them.

Looking at Lyta she  ordered that a link be opened to the Aeroshuttle. "Link
open  Commander."

"Thank You Lyta." Taking  a deep breath Skyler began to talk. "Captain
Ketchum, this is Commander Skyler.  I believe all crew has been evacuated and
are
onboard their respective shuttles.  It would be our honor to follow you to the
shipyard at Izar. We are ready to  depart whenever you are." She waited to see
what kind of reply she would get  from Keith. She knew that this was as hard
if not harder on him than it was on  her. After all he was the captain and he
was having to abandon the Avalon for a  second time. Perhaps the third time
would be a charm.

"Understood, Commander, I  would like a full head count from each of the
shuttles.  This  is to make sure that we are all here.  It was not an easy
evacuation,  and if someone was still climbing in a lift when their shuttle
took off,
we  don't want to leave them behind."  Keith looked out the window at his new
 fleet.

Skyler nodded her head in  understanding. "Understood Captain. Would you like
to send the message to the  rest of the shuttles or shall I?" Skyler could
understand his wanting a head  count, yet at the same time she was eager to
move
forward.

"Go ahead and comm the  shuttles, I'll await the final word."

After acknowledging the  Captain's orders, Skyler had Lyta open a comm to all
shuttles. "Attention all  crew, this is Commander Skyler. The captain and I
would like a complete count of  all crew members on board all the shuttles. We
want to make sure that everyone  has left the Avalon and is accounted for."

All they could do now was  wait and hope that everyone made it off the ship
okay.