<USS Avalon> "Heading Out"

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:39:38 EDT

"Heading Out"
Cmdr. Skyler

Skyler had been pacing back and forth wondering what was going on and what
the hold up was. The head counts had been coming in so she thought everything
was going as planned, but then again nothing ever went as planned on the
Avalon.  She should know that by now.

Georgia was in the back watching every tense muscle in Skyler's body. She
knew she was worried not just about the ship and it's crew, but about her
sister
 and her baby. She knew how out of sorts Skyler had been about finding out
she  had a sister, but lately they seemed to have gotten closer. Now she was
afraid  that something would happen and she would lose what family she had.

Lyta was sitting at the helm waiting for orders when she received a com
signal. It was from the captain. "Commander, there is an incoming message for
you."

Turning to look at Lyta, Skyler commented, "Lets hear it." She waited as
Lyta worked the controls to get the audio signal. What she heard was not
exactly
what she had expected.

"Take the fleet forward to Izar.   I will be there when we can, we have one
crewman missing.  We're looking  now."

A crewman missing? Who is missing?

"Understood Captain. Setting course for Izar. Good luck."  She nodded  to
Lyta to close that channel and open another one to the rest of the  fleet.

"This is Commander Skyler, I have just received orders to take us to Izar.
All shuttles plot a course and follow the Arthur. We will be heading out at
warp  2 once we are clear of the captains ship and the Avalon. Skyler out."

"Plot a course Lyta and lets head out. Keep an eye on the rest of the  fleet.
Make sure they are all following."

Moving her fingers across the console Lyta plotted the course and started
the runabout on it's way.