<USS Avalon> Given The Mission

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:10:52 EST

Given The Mission
By Commodore Sara Crusher and Captain Keith Ketchum

After beaming down to the Academy Campus, Keith made his way to the
Commodore's Office to hopefully get information on the next mission.  He walked
with
purpose as the new Cadets parted as he walked through.

Making his way to the outer office, "Captain Ketchum to see Commodore
Crusher, Yeoman."

Yeoman Jon Mitchell looked up at the Captain, "Yes, Sir, she is expecting
you."

The Commodore peered over her desk at Keith and frowned as he walked into the
office.  She was getting weary of seeing the Captain, and without Commander
Sierra and Mr. Kendricks.  She knew that he didn't have word from Sierra as
they only had talked the night before.  "Captain, I have your next mission for
you.  Something a little different than your normal Intel gig."

This caused Keith to perk up, "Oh?"

"Yes, I have received word from the Federation Council that the Romulans have
lost a scientist to the Ferengi", with the mention of the Ferengi, she
cringed.  "And they requested to cross the Zone to retrieve them."

Keith frowned at the mention of the Romulans coming across the Zone, "What
did the Council say?"

"They have declined the request. Instead, you and the Avalon will be
dispatched and will search for the Ferengi and take their scientist into your
protection."

Nodding, as he listened, and Sara continued, "Off the record, at which point,
you will determine why the Ferengi have the scientist and possibly what he
was studying.  It seems odd to me that this would have occured."

"I understand, Commodore.  My ship is ready to go, and all crew are accounted
for."

"Then Captain, good luck, and may you bring me good news on your return.
Dismissed."

Turning on his heel, Keith walked out of the office, and tapped his
communicator, "Ketchum to Avalon, one to beam up."

And with that he was back on the Avalon.