<USS Avalon> First Impressions

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:23:47 EDT

First Impressions
By Captain Keith Ketchum and Ensign Caine Reilly McKinsely

Ensign Caine awoke feeling groggy and slightly disjointed. Looking around her
room it took few seconds to remember where she was. Getting up she went and
took a quick shower. She was planning on introducing herself to the captain
today. Getting out she rapped her red silk robe around herself and headed for
her
room.

As Caine got dressed she thought about her date with Javan last night. She
couldn't help but wonder what was going on in that head of his, he seemed to
enjoy the date, but Caine still didn’t know if last night was an elaborate
way
for him to seduce her into letting him in her pants, so to speak. Deciding that
it wouldn't be prudent to be thinking of such things, she pushed the thoughts
to the back of her mind and went about getting ready.

A few minutes later Ensign McKinsely emerged from her room in her counselor
uniform, the blue color causing her eyes to be even bluer. “Computer, locate
Captain Keith Ketchum, please,” as she waited for a response, she finished
braiding her hair into two French braids and secured them with a blue ribbon.

“Captain Keith Ketchum is currently on deck 2 in his ready room”

“Thank you computer,” Caine headed down the corridor to the turbo lift and
up to deck two.

Keith sat in his ready room, reading over the numerous reports that Yeoman
Pageant had cleaned up, so there was not so much nonsense to read.

“Computer, make a note, I need to see Lieutenant White Feather at his
earliest convenience.”

“Message sent, Captain”, the computer replied.

Keith nodded to himself, putting down one PADD and picking up another.

Getting out of the turbo lift, Caine headed down the corridor to her
Captain's ready room. She rang the door bell and waited to be called in.

Hearing the chime, and not expecting anyone at this early of an hour, he put
down the PADD, “Enter.”

Caine walked in. “Hello sir,” she did a quick sweep of the room with her
eyes and walked forward. “I am Ensign Caine Reilly McKinsely, your new
counselor.”

“Welcome aboard, Ensign, I’m sorry that we are all so busy, that we
didn’t
get to formally get to meet until now. I hope that you are getting settled”,
Keith motioned her to have a seat.

Moving forward, Caine took the seat in front of him.  “Thank you sir.  And
yes, I’m getting settled quite well.”

“I do hope that Doctor Roan didn’t leave the office too untidy”, hoping
that
she wouldn’t ask about the interrogation equipment, he was tired of having
that conversation.

“Oh yes, the office is tidy.”  Caine looked down at her hands sitting in he
lap.  After a short debate with herself she looked back up at the Captain.  “
Sir, I was wondering if I could request to have the interrogation equipment
removed from the room.  It makes me very uncomfortable and I don’t believe I
need
it or will ever use it.”  Caine looked hopefully at the captain.

Keith frowned noticeably, “I will let you know, as I have done so with your
predecessors that by orders of Admiral Valdez, the equipment must stay.”  He
looked towards the windows and then back to Caine, “I was also led to believe
that the room in which the equipment was contained; meaning that it would take
yourself and either a security officer or a medical officer to gain entry.  If
this is not the case, I will need to have a word with Mr. Sierra.”

Caine was extremely embarrassed; she had not meant to make the captain mad on
their first meeting.  "I am so sorry sir.  The chamber is contained, you
don't need to talk to Javan, I mean Lieutenant Commander Sierra."  Caine
blushed
furiously at her mistake.  "The equipment is fine.  I just wasn’t' sure if it
could be removed is all, but since it can't, I'll just ignore that room."

Keith nodded, “Very well.  Is there anything else, Ensign”, visibly
disturbed, “I do have a lot of reports to go through.”

Caine was slightly hurt by the Captains uncaring manner towards her, but by
now she should have been used to having men act that way towards her.  I guess
Javan has spoiled me into forgetting how most men really are, she thought.
"Yes sir, I am done, and I'm sorry for taking up all your precious time.  If
you
will excuse me sir, I too have work to get done."  With that Caine got up and
walked out of the room.

Keith looked down at the desk, realizing that he did not want an Ensign to
think he didn't have time for them, he stood and walked into the hall,
following, "Counselor, I would like to apologize, things have been pretty rough
around
here, and with the mention of that... that room, well it just pushed me a
little off.  Any visits by you are most welcome", Keith stated, smiling.

Caine blushed, "I'm sorry as well.  I shouldn't have gotten angry at you like
that and I definitely should not have taken that tone of voice with you.  I
am also sorry about bringing up the room with you."  Caine timidly smiled up at
him.  "I truly am sorry sir."

Keith nodded, “Now, you are dismissed”, and with that he smiled, and winked.

Caine smiled back, "Thank you sir."  She turned and walked down the hall.  So
maybe he isn't so bad, she thought.