<USS Avalon> "Coming to the aide of a friend" Jr. Lt. Georgia Lewis

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:05:26 EST

"Coming to the aide of a friend"
Jr. Lt. Georgia Lewis

Georgia returned to the Avalon feeling a tad better about things but still
had to deal with Ms. Skyler. Once back on the ship she returned to her quarters
 and placed her bags on the bed and the Pecan Pies that she and Eliza Mae had
 made on the table. She knew she should check for messages but she wanted to
settle back in before doing that.

She unpacked her bag and put everything in it's proper place. She then had
one pie beamed to the Captain's office, one to Ms. Melanie's quarter's and she
kept one just incase Skyler would talk to her. Once that was done she changed
 into her medical blues and checked the computer for messages, not that she
expected any. Much to her suprise was one from Ms Skyler, marked urgent,
requesting her presence in her quarters. She was suddenly a nervous wreck. She
made sure her uniform was proper and such before leaving to meet Ms.  Skyler.

She left her quarters and made her way to Ms. Skyler's quarters. She stood
in front of the doors for several minutes before she could bring herself to
push  the chime. Finally after working up the nerve she pushed the chime and
waited  for the familiar voice to open the doors. She waited and waited and
waited
some  more. Growing concerned she tapped her comm badge to ask the computer
where Cmdr  Skyler was. "Cmdr Skyler is in sickbay."

"Oh lordy what has happened to dat girl now?" Georgia took off running
toward sick bay. The turbolift could not move fast enough for her. Once the
lift
stopped, Georgia took off as fast as her legs would take her to get to Skyler.
When she entered sickbay she was surprised at the increased number of Dr's
but  that was of no concern to her now. Her only concern was Skyler, who she
found  lying on a bio bed hooked up to all kinds of monitors. Her pulse was
faster than  it should be but her breathing appeared to  be within normal
limits.
She  looked around and found Dr. Cazook sitting near by.

"Dr Cazook could you please tell me what has happenend to Cmdr Skyler? Is
she going to be okay?" Georgia was frantic at this point.

"Lt. Lewis, Georgia, Skyler passed out a few hours ago. Why I am not sure
but as soon as I know something I will let you know. I assure you she is being
well taken care of."

"I'm sure she is, but I am not leaving her side." Georgia moved a chair  over
to the bedside and sat down. She held onto Skyler's hand and started to  talk
to her in a whispered tone.

It was all she could do but she had to do something. She should call  Melanie
but not until she knew more. She had to take care of  Skyler.