<USS Avalon> Behind the Scenes - The Support Services Department

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 06:37:30 EST

Behind the Scenes
By Lieutenant First Class Hayden Bryant, Petty Officer Second Class Stertis
Valendrii, Petty Officer First Class Travis Summers, and Petty Officer First
Class Shylicia Nitey
Walking into the Support Services area, the Trill sat down exhausted,
"Travis, make sure that next time we move a bed, we use anti-gravs on it.
Especially
if it's solid wood."

"I know what you mean, Stertis," he said, rubbing his own back.

Lieutenant Hayden Bryant walked into the area, "Did you get everything moved
for Lieutenant Loyen?"

"Yes, Sir," they both responded.

"Good. Our new Lieutenant should be quite happy," he said as he walked into
his office.
Both Stertis and Travis nodded, and then winced in pain.
Watching the exchange with amusement, Shylicia said, "Anâ howâd you get
suckered into movinâ a bed, Trav? You shoulda been cleaninâ up the puke
that
ensign left behind in the corridor. Bless âis heart, he tried, but you gotta
use
the orange stuff. Ainât nothinâ gonna get puke outta the carpet like the
orange stuff." She nodded her head in self-affirmation, her tight beaded braids
rattling in the process.
Stertis laughed, trying not to give her any more ammunition, cause once
Shylicia started on something, hoo boy!, there was no stopping that girl.
Heâd
never seen someone talk so much.
Travis, however, fell into the trap. "Christina just found out she was
pregnant."
"A-gain!" Shylicia shook her head with attitude and began wagging her finger
in that characteristic way. "Law, what that girl donât go and get herself
into. Howâs she sâposed to do her job? She cainât be movinâ no beds in
that
condition. But is Shy-licia gonna be doinâ it? Oh, no. Nunt uh. Not this
girl.
Mm-hmm. I jusâ stick to vacuuminâ my hallways, thank ya very much.
Cleaninâ
toilets. Yessiree. Mm-hmm. Thatâs what I do! You ainât gettinâ me to move
no
beds."
"Donât worry, Shy. Travis is filling in for her."
"Mm-hmm, well he better. âCause I sure ainât."
"Yeah, we know."
"Good lord, all these people cominâ back to the ship. Lemme tell you what. I
ainât ever seen so much foot traffic down them hallways... Law law." Shylicia
busied herself re-stocking her cart rambling on and on about all the people
tracking in dirt from the surface.
Stertis and Travis exchanged glances and quietly stood up, sneaking out of
the room.
"Wow, that girl can talk," Stertis said.
"Mm-hmm," Travis agreed doing his best impression of her âattitude head
bopâ.
Laughing, they made their way to the crew dining area.