<USS Avalon> Another Obstacle

  • From: Anthony Manson <circus_ofde_damned@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Avalon Sim <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:00:56 -0800 (PST)

Another Obstacle

by Lieutenant Commander Anthony Manson

"Target weapons to their engines!" Lenik shrieked as he look at the viewscreen,
"where is our other ship?"

"It?s coming from the back."

A wide cruel and disfigured smile came from Lenik, "good, we can crush them
between us. Coordinate our strategy with the other marauder."

Suddenly the ship shook violently as one of Lenik?s officer?s screamed, "the
Avalon has quantum torpedoes! They?re powering up their main disruptor!"

Lenik turned and glared at T?Pex, "I don?t understand you, Romulan," the ship
shuddered again as the Avalon made a sweep, hitting the marauder?s shields with
its powerful disruptor, "transporting some valueless piece of whatever it was
instead of yourself. And then pitting us into a fight!"

T?Pex sighed, "it?s you that started the fight. I could?ve fooled them with
some simple commands. But as I saw you destroying every chance to make it out
unscathed, I found some other avenues of opportunities."

"Veer off, come about to coordinates four-four mark three. Target their weapons
now." Lenik ordered, only catching a few words from T'Pex. Not that he cared at
this point.

"The Avalon has suffered minimal damage," another Ferengi reported.

"Where is the other frinxing ship!?"

"It?s just dropped out of warp." The officer?s console bleep a few times, "the
Avalon has suffered a forty percent shield drop on it?s ventral shields."

"Target that spot and fire," Lenik responded, "I don?t want to hear another
word from you, T?Pex. You have caused me more trouble than it?s worth."

"Pity you, Ferengi," T?Pex saw the readouts. If he could just...

"What are you doing?" Lenik got up from his seat and suddenly lost balance as
his ship was hit with another volley of torpedo fire.

"Forward shields lost!"

"Get it back..."

T?Pex beamed out. Lenik?s eyes grew wide at what just happened in mere seconds.
Another hit, and Lenik screeched as his ship?s dorsal shields grew weaker with
every shot.

"Retreat! Get us as far away as possible! Have the other ship distract the
Avalon."

****

T?Pex found himself in a transporter room. He looked up, noticing a young
woman, "I need to see the captain." He stepped down from the transporter pad
and notice she didn?t move, "what are you waiting for? Take me to him?"

The young woman raised a phaser, "Don?t move," she ordered cooly.

T?Pex stopped where he was at, "I pose no threat."

"You?re an intruder, that makes you a threat," the Ensign responded.

Tapping her combadge, "Bridge, this is Ensign Quin."

"Go ahead Ensign," Anthony responded.

"We have an intruder. A Romulan."

"I?m sending security there."

"Acknowledged."

"You have no idea what?s at stake. Fool, if I have to do everything myself,"
T?Pex started walking towards the door when a thin orange energy beam streaked
past him, a few inches away from his body. He looked at the human.

"I told you not to move. The next time, I?ll shoot you."

http://mail.yahoo.com