<USS Avalon> =/\= A Feast For The Soul =/\=

  • From: KaeraAshayu@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:55:11 EST

=/\= A Feast For The Soul =/\=
A Joint Log By Kaera Ashayu and Cam Loyen

Cam had spent nearly an hour preparing himself and getting a menu together to
share with Kaera. He was dressed in civilian clothes. A black Icarian wool
sweater, and grey trousers. His white hair glowed in the ship's lights. And now
he stood outside her door with three boxes in his hands.

He was trying to figure out how to press the chime.

The table was set, the candles were ready to light. Kaera looked at herself
in the mirror one more time. She wasn't sure, again, if she'd chosen the right
clothing -- a simple black velvet sheath dress, sleeveless, and a narrow
silver chain around her neck for adornment. Her dark hair hung loose past her
waist, wavy because she'd braided it tightly when it was wet and let it dry
that
way. She hadn't put on any makeup. She never wore makeup, or fragrance. Just
her
own skin with a healthy application of soap and water. She didn't like sonics
and used them as little as possible.

Cam should be here at any moment. Kaera felt almost as nervous as she had on
their first date. Hard to believe it was only a week ago; she felt as if she'd
known him for months.

After a few moments of figuring in the corridor, he managed to stack the
boxes such that he could retrieve them in proper order when he was inside, yet
still carry them one handed for a moment while he pressed the chime. He pressed
the pad on the wall and got the boxes back into order as he waited.

He didn't have long to wait. "Come in," Kaera called, and tried not to look
too awkward as the door opened.

He entered smiling at her. "Good evening, Kaera." He took her in as he set
the boxes down. "You look wonderful." He went about getting one of the boxes
and
handed it to her. "This is for you." He looked around the room a moment. "Do
you like the furnishings?"

"They are different," she replied. "Good different. Not so much... Starfleet
Institutional." She hoped he understood what she meant. The box she held in
her hands while she spoke.

He smiled understanding completely. "I apologize. I should have asked you
first. Perhaps we can go together and pick something out together, that you
like?" He indicated the box. "I hope you find these more pleasing. Open it."

"I do like the furnishings," Kaera protested softly. "Especially the bed."
She opened the box and looked inside.

The box lid opened to reveal two dozen roses intermixed with sprigs of
Betazoid Baby's Breath. He spoke as she took them up out of the box. "I'm glad
you
like them. I know they are not what you would have chosen on your own, is all I
meant."

The roses were velvety-petaled and fragrant, and very much not something
Kaera would have chosen for herself, but she was very pleased to receive them
from
Cam. "Mmmm," she murmured by way of admiring them, her pale-grey nose buried
in them to catch every nuance of scent. "Thank you, Cam." Her dark eyes
gleamed at him above the flowers, expressing her delight.

He beamed as he approached her. He scooped her up and kissed her deeply. They
hadn't so much as touched hands since he arrived and now, now they were
locked in a passionate kiss.

The roses ended up on the cocktail table as Kaera drank in the scent and
taste of Cam. His emotions seemed to wash over her in warm waves, and she
consciously opened herself to him to share her own feelings. Which, if they
followed
those feelings, would not get them any closer to dinner. No, this was hunger of
another sort entirely.

Finally he set her down and broke the kiss. "Hmmm. I see you learned well the
last time." He smiled playfully at her. He indicated the roses that had
fallen onto the table. "Perhaps you should get some water for those? While I
get
dinner ready the rest of the way."

"I'm not so certain I want dinner now..." she said, only half joking, as she
went to the replicator for a vase large enough to hold so many roses.

"Well, I am afraid what I have brought for us to eat, will not be very good
if we don't eat it quickly. I did some research into some traditional
Cardassian dishes. I am certain it has been a while since you've had any, yes?"
He
spoke slowly. He didn't want to upset her. He hoped she would be pleased.

"Quite a long while," Kaera agreed. "Where did you get them?"

"Ah... I have my sources." He smiled at her. "I can't give away all my
secrets." He opened the boxes containing the food and watched her reaction.
"Are you
not pleased with the selections?"

Kaera observed the food as he set the dishes on the table. Some she
recognized from her childhood; the rest smelled wonderful but looked mysterious
to her.
Her family had never been well-off, and she was aware that there were a great
many things she'd never experienced due to their lack of wealth. "It all
smells so good..." she breathed. "Better than I remember, even." Her stomach
growled agreement.

He was relieved and let her sense it if she wished. "I was hoping it would
not be a reminder of the bad times but rather of the good ones you had at home,
with your family."

She smiled and took his hand, encouraging him to look into her eyes. "In the
bad times," she said, "there was no food... or what there was, was nothing
like this. There were days I'd have dreams of a feast like this, and wake
starving, and try to fill myself with water to stop the pain in my stomach."
Her eyes
began to fill with tears, and she forced them down, recklessly going on. "But
I'm a Federation citizen now, and I will never, ever, have to starve again,"
she concluded bravely.

He looked at her again. "I'm glad you like it. I admit I was worried you
would not. And you know you don't have to hide your tears from me, Kaera." He
reached out and grasped her hand. "But we should eat, before this gets cold."
He
grinned playfully with her. "But save room for dessert."

"Oh, I wasn't trying to hide tears," she said, grinning back at him. His
joyfulness was infectious. "I was overcoming them." She let him seat her at the
table, and waited while he took his seat as well. "I admit, half of this I've
only heard about, never actually eaten."

He chuckled. "Well, truthfully I have never tried it either. It will be an
adventure for both of us." He served them each a small portion of one of the
dishes and tasted it. It was good. Probably not as good as it would have been
on
Cardassia but good nonetheless. He shared his enjoyment of the dish with her.

Kaera found the textures and seasonings to be an adventure in sense
exploration. The tastes were familiar enough to remind her of her childhood
home, but
at the same time different enough to be something that she was sharing with Cam
for the very first time. It made the moment even more special.

He was enjoying the company as well as the flavors too. Cam found both to be
quite stimulating. He liked how her dress clung to her body. How her normally
strait hair was falling in waves around her shoulders.

She ate lightly, tasting everything but not overdoing anything. It was enough
to have a little and savor it. And her eyes feasted on Cam. Funny, she had
never thought she'd find an alien attractive in this way... but she didn't
think
of Cam as an alien, most of the time. He was an incredibly attractive,
sensuous man. And she liked him very much.

Cam sat across from her. Drinking her in as he ate. It seemed he was washing
down each bite of food with her. She was beautiful. Her dark eyes, her black
hair. He watched her and absorbed as much of her feelings for him as he could
and shared his own with her. He shared how much he liked her too.

"It's a little frightening," she said softly, her eyes never leaving his.

He nodded slightly. "Are we going too fast for you?" It felt as though they we
re looking into each other's souls. His concern was genuine and he made no
effort to hide it.

"Maybe..." Kaera said, still very quietly. "But what's frightening is that I
don't want to slow down. I've never felt anything like this before, anything
like what I feel from you and in myself when I'm with you."

Cam nodded in understanding. "I told you before, that first time we were
together, that I had never fallen so fast with some one." He couldn't take his
eyes from hers. "It kind of makes it more exciting." He smiled warmly.

Slowly, she stood and took two steps around the table to stand beside him,
her gaze still locked on his bright eyes. Inhaling slowly and deeply, taking in
his scent. She almost shivered with the sensation that coursed through her
body. And they weren't even touching.

He was still locked on her as she approached him. He could feel her shiver
mentally. It made him smile even broader. His long wisps of hair seemed to
breathe with him. It was quickening. And they still weren't touching.

If either of them had been a telepath, there might have been a silent
conversation going on. But between two empaths, it was more a flow of
feelings... of
emotions and sensations that went from warm and cozy to dizzyingly sensual.
Kaera took a single step backwards, her feelings beckoning him to follow.

He mirrored her step almost afraid to touch her or to speak for fear it would
break the wonderful spell they both seemed to be under at the moment. Finally
he took her hand gently. Sensously. He stroked her fingers but it
disappointed him slightly. It couldn't compare to the feelings of just a moment
ago.

The intensity of their empathic connection seemed to drop off when he took
her hand. Kaera's brow furrowed as she groped to regain what had been lost. And
after a few moments, she found it, and the sense of being together suddenly
blossomed between them once more. It was only a few more steps to the bedroom,
to stretch out on the bed...

"Dinner will get cold." He teased as he followed her to the bed. Finally
kissing her as they collapsed together on the bed.

"I don't care," she murmured against his mouth. Her hands slid over his body,
as she projected a slight impatience that his clothing was in her way.

He chuckled a bit. She could feel it resonate in his chest as she was pressed
against him. He was just as willing as she was and he projected it to her.

Her own dress was simple to slither out of, and she wasn't wearing much under
it. Kaera rolled to one side of the bed and watched Cam undress. He had the
most perfectly sculpted body. Even at those moments when his alien-ness struck
her, she still had to admire -- and desire -- him.

He could feel her desire for him. He enjoyed it. He turned to her as he
removed the last remnants of his clothing, and said. "And to think that just a
few
short weeks ago, you couldn't even identify what desire felt like." He smiled
at her and rejoined her on the bed, kissing his way up to her face.

"No... and now I'm working on what love feels like," she admitted, covering
his face and neck with soft little kisses. "I haven't quite figured out if this
is it... but I'm working on it." And she kissed down the midline of his body,
pausing at his navel before going lower.

He groaned slightly at what she was doing. "Well let me know when you figure
it out. I have my own theory, and I would like to compare notes."

Her breath was warm on the most sensitive part of his body, and she followed
that breath with hot, eager kisses. "You're taking notes?" she asked, teasing,
between kisses.

He was finding it difficult to concentrate on much beyond what she was doing
to him. But he did his best to answer her tone with a similar one. "Sure, the
best teachers are students as well." He groaned again before trying to refocus
again. "Take my defense classes. I..." His voice trailed off into another
groan. He was defeated, unable to concentrate on anything other than her kisses.

It was exciting, arousing, to feel what he was feeling and know that she was
giving him those feelings. Kaera intensified what she was doing, realizing
with wonderment that for the first time she was doing this particular thing of
her own free will... and enjoying it. And she could feel him approaching the
point of no return, which only excited her even more.

Her excitement added to his own and pulled him past the point of no return.
He called out as he went. Letting his emotions overflow. Cries of passion and
committment flowed from both his mind and his mouth as he began to return to
normal.

She continued to pleasure him gently as he relaxed, then slid back up his
body to snuggle against him. "Is it love, that I have never wanted to do that
for
anyone before?" she asked very quietly.

He held her to him. "I think the fact that you haven't wanted to do so before
is a strong indication of how you feel for me. Yes." He answered. He was
running his hands down her back as he spoke to her and held her.

Her body still throbbing with the force of his climax, she dropped all her
barriers and merged with him in a way she had never known was possible...

- To Be Continued -