atw: SEC: UNCLASS RE: Word 2003 - shortcut keys for Headings Hijacke d

  • From: "Silcock, Howard DR" <Howard.Silcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austechwriter (austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:21:08 +1000

Hi Diana

Hope your enjoying life outside Defence!

No-one's responded to your query, so I'll make a suggestion you could try,
though others probably know more about this than I do.

Create a new template, save it in your Startup folder (as defined under
Tools | Options | File Locations). With the new template still open, save
your own keyboard customisations to it, then save it again and close it.

Next time you open a document, select Tools | Templates and Add-ins ..., and
click the Add button. Locate your new template and click OK, then OK again
to close the dialog box. Your template is now an add-in (and you've added it
in).

From now on, whatever document you open, your template should also be there
with your keyboard customisations in place to overwrite any others assigned
by the company or other busybodies. (I don't know how Word handles conflicts
between assignments from different templates - there must some kind of
hierarchy and I suppose the busybodies could possibly thwart you if they
really wanted.)

Anyway, give it a try and see what happens.

Howard