atw: RoboDemo Tip

  • From: "Tappe, Andrea" <Andrea.Tappe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:44:38 -0500

Hi everyone,

This is a follow-up to my previous post regarding unstable RoboDemo files.

Once a RoboDemo file gets above a certain size, it becomes unstable. To
minimise the impact of this, divide your topic into smaller chunks and use
the Menu Builder to link those chunks together. Adds value in that users can
learn about the system a bit at a time, and refresh their memory about parts
of the process without having to sit through all the stuff they know
backwards [at least that's how I'm selling it ;-)]

For e.g. my lucky users now have a web page that looks something like:

*       Create a thingy

*       The first two screens

*       Three screens that go together nicely, plus an alternate screen

*       The last couple of screens screens

Anyway, there it is - FYI - prospective RoboDemo users, you have been
warned.....

Thanks and regards,
Andrea Tappe