atw: Restarting footnote numbering in a FrameMaker document

  • From: "Geoffrey Marnell" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 13:14:27 +1000

Hi austechies

I have a document with a number of sections in it. I want the footnotes to
start afresh at 1 with every new section. Has anyone worked out how to do
this? (It seems that you can't apply a style with customised auto-numbering
to a footnote.)

NOTE: I don't want to turn each section into a separate document and set
footnote numbering properties in a book file. I want sections to run into
each other, with some possibly starting on the same page as the previous
section finishes.

Cheers

Geoffrey Marnell
Principal Consultant