atw: Re: cross referencing between word docs

  • From: "Fullerton, Elizabeth" <Elizabeth.Fullerton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:56:32 +1100

She's having problems with it now. It contains many tables and =
cross-references, rather than graphics (which may or may not be relevant =
to the stability of the document).

Also, techniques like cleaning the document up are good if you have sole =
ownership and/or good control of the document, but it is likely to be =
edited by people with a variety of skills, who simply won't do it.

And yes, I know, getting them to do something a bit complex like =
splitting the doc and x-ref across files will be challenging for them, =
but they are more likely to come and ask how it works if it's something =
totally foreign, rather than something they can quietly stuff up and =
leave for the next person.