atw: Re: atw: Re: LinkedIn endorsements

  • From: "swapnilogale@xxxxxxxxx" <swapnilogale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 14:10:05 +1000

A lot of recruiters do check my Linkedin profile before getting in touch with
me. Linkedin endorsements on the other hand are pointless. I have had friends
from school (who I haven't met in over 18 years) endorse me for skills they
wouldn't know I may have acquired after school.

I am happy for them to endorse me for whatever they think I am good at, only
because they are friends, but I am totally against endorsing anyone for
anything on Linkedin, even for people I have worked with.
Besides, to me, the word 'endorse' means 'to approve'. What gives me the
authority to approve someone's skills?

Swapnil

Sent from my HTC