atw: Re: WebWorks SE - using own CSS

  • From: Daryl.Colquhoun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:41:29 +1100

> I'm using WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition (in FrameMaker=20
> 6) with the
> Dynamic HTML template. I want to use my own CSS, and I'm following the
> instructions in the help topic called "Using your own CSS=20
> file". Because the
> style names differ from the default, the instructions say to=20
> replace the
> BPBlockAttributes building block, but they don't say *where*=20
> (in which file or dialog box) to do so.

I don't have Frame/WWP here at present so I'm working strictly from =
memory. Yes, you can change the CSS, I've done so. I did it by changing=
 =
the .asp files (WWP templates, not Microsoft's .asp).

There's an awful lot you can put in there, like customized buttons, all=
 =
manner of cool macros, and your company logo instead of Quadralay's. In=
 =
=66act, in case you can't find these .asp files, use this last fact to =
construct a search: look for files called *.asp containing 'logo'. I =
think they're in the project directory somewhere, not the directory =
where WWP puts the output. There is, of course, a full set in the WWP =
installation directory; they are not the ones you want!

Hint: when you change the .asp files, keep a copy of your _changed_ =
=66iles because I dimly remember WWP overwrites them back to default =
under some circumstances of which you will eventually get the hang.

> ...(Or am I right to suspect
> that you can't do that in WebWorks SE, and the help topic from the
> Professional Edition has been included in error=3F)

Maybe it has because BPBlockAttributes doesn't ctrl/G (but then maybe =
I've just forgotten). Still, you can still do lots of stuff in SE by =
cleverly fiddling your .asp files. You can even do context-sensitive =
help. A very useful 400-odd-page manual with all the system macros and =
stuff about RegExps can be downloaded from the Quadralay website.

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged o=
r=
 otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have received it by =
mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system=
;=
 you should not copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D