atw: Re: US/Aus English [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: Naomi Kramer <nkr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:49:47 +1000

Thanks MEG :-) That was an example, not a current problem. We did manage to work out that 'text message' was, within the context of mobile phones, a relatively safe generic term. As we have offices in USA and Europe, sometimes it only requires a quick email or phone call to ferret out these local terminology traps.

- Naomi

Well Naomi K,

I believe that the US based Merkins call it Text
Messaging or texting.

See: <http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/text_messaging.html>

For the Text Messaging Abbreviations in use, see:
<http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp>

HTH.

Cheers,

Michael