atw: Re: The 2011 Index of Economic Freedom ...

  • From: Bill Parker <renew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:38:13 +0800

This is why I find the NEF's analyses refreshing. I was told it was naive and irrelevant. Maybe. But Costa Rica is number 1 and Cuba is in the top five or six.

And if anyone wants a good view of the two speed economy, come to WA. The haves and have nots are growing apart. The FIFO regimes are destroying social norms etc etc.

Bill

On 13/01/2011, at 8:32 AM, LEWINGTON Warren wrote:

The "Heritage Foundation" (originator of the supposed data relevant to this post) has for its basic principles the following: "1. To reorient American politics toward the First Principles of the American Founding. 2. To reshape public policy to reflect our constitutional framework of limited government. 3. To unify and revive a robust conservatism around, and in defense (sic) of, these core principles. 4. To provide the next generation with a strong foundation for learning and promoting our nation's founding principles."

Whatever. The whole shebang is a form of political propaganda, which needs to be taken in the context it is written in. Once viewed in that most likely biased context, it makes a bit of sense. If you read the statement of purpose, it reads like typical educated right- wing political philosophical rhetoric. Well, good for a smile I suppose. Except that people are killing innocent citizens and trying to kill leaders over these political discussions in the US. That makes it all very sad.

Regards;
Warren Lewington
Technical Writer
Compliance and Enforcement