atw: Re: SEC: UNCLASS RE: Corrigendum and peccavi

  • From: "Elizabeth Fullerton" <Elizabeth_Fullerton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:44:08 +1000

is te deum related to tedium?=0D

-----Original Message-----
From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Silcock, Howard
DR
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:42 PM
To: Austechwriter (austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: atw: SEC: UNCLASS RE: Corrigendum and peccavi

I'm not going to be able to stay in my hole.
I've now consulted a number of other dictionaries and it seems that
"peccavi" *is* recognised as a noun, meaning "a confession of sin",
whatever
its original Latin meaning may have been (my mentioning it could have
alerted you to the possibility that I knew about the original meaning).=0D

Presumably the name was applied to that type of confession because
"peccavi"
would have been its first word. I suppose it's a bit like when people
talk
about a "Te Deum" or a "Magnificat".

Hmm, this is a great way to deflect attention from my original error!
I'm
learning from the politicians...

Howard

with "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

******************* CAUTION - Disclaimer ****************** This e-mail=
 contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the=
 use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please=
 notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you=
 are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to=
 any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may=
 contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize=
 this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of=
 any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks=
 before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to=
 monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail=
 address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the=
 Infosys e-mail system.