atw: Re: RoboHelp X5 problem - the saga continues

  • From: Write Ideas <writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:04:02 +1100

Hi again Ana (Y).

Sounds like the problem goes far deeper, perhaps into registry problems, which you really need Iolo System Mechanic (which I highly recommend) or a similar tool to fix.

Your idea of reinstalling your help tool was a good one. It might have fixed some (but not all) of those likely registry issues by default but, only if you fully uninstalled the application first, not just overwrote the existing one with a reinstall.

Uninstall X5. Restart the PC. Then install X5 afresh. Then reapply any XP service packs. Restart, then see how you go.

Caution: will take hours. Iolo could fix much of this in a fraction of the time.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Micky G.

Michael Granat
Write Ideas
www.writeideas.com.au
http://www.alliance.org.au/freelancers/journalists/write_ideas/details/
mailto:writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20 Years of Write Ideas!

At 10:16 23/01/2008, you wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the people that replied. I tried the clean
up (that Micky G sent) but that did not solve the
problem

Michael Granat
Write Ideas
www.writeideas.com.au