atw: Re: [OT] Writing for multiple Englishes: was writingfor Aus audience

  • From: "Elizabeth Fullerton" <Elizabeth_Fullerton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:03:08 +1000

my favourite experience was at the uffizi gallery in florence (yes, i have
probably spelled that incorrectly, but care factor very low here) (though
somewhat at odds with the "them peeple is so iggerint" theme):

having spent some time standing in line behind a canadian family (i know they
were canadian because of the north american accent and the comment, with a
gesture towards the graffiti - all in italian - "see, isn't that awful, that
was all done by americans") - i finally purchased my ticket and started up the
stairs behind them. the father was examining a bust by the stairs. screech from
mother: "what are you doing, we don't have all day to stand around looking at
things!"

Regards

Elizabeth Fullerton
Business Solutions Architect