atw: Re: New English

  • From: Janet Taylor <jtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:37:20 +1100

Goodness me! If he'd attended last year's conference, he'd have seen Pam
Peter's list of words that had changed their spelling (to the American one
sadly) in the Macquarie Dictionary.

On that subject, did you know that UTS (founders and supporters of the
Macquarie dictionary) have lost it? It's going to Sydney University. All
over the new whoever-he-is-in-charge at UTS deciding that the dictionary
staff needed to pay rent. Don't know why they think they shouldn't.

Thanks for this reference. It was good. Not sure that it wouldn't waste a
hell of a lot of time on the list though.