atw: Re: MS Word Search?

  • From: Terry D <morgan4four@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:14:49 +1000 (EST)

Well, of course it's difficult to know what's
happening without seeing what you're searching for and
within.

First do a virus update and check your machine.
Check the version of MSWord you're using and whether
it's a known fault. You may want to do the usual
things when dealing with corrupt documents, like copy
and paste bit-by-bit into a new template.

Other things you may want to investigate include:
If the search text includes hyphens, there are several
types and inclusion of one will exclude the others,
Make sure there are no additional spaces within your
search text and the searched document,
Use of symbols and accents etc can be included via
different methods and affect searches.

Sorry, I can't be of more use without knowing more of
what's happeing at your end. I will add that my
internet explorer sometimes searches and sometimes
doesn't with no apparent rhyme nor reason. If I want
to search a web document I copy it to Word and do my
search there.

Cheers,
Terry

http://au.movies.yahoo.com