atw: Re: Help with Word - VBA

  • From: Nikki Ward <ezistep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:25:17 +1000

Hi Debbie,

I experienced a similar problem too. I did review my security settings but I
also found that once a macro was disabled, that was pretty much it.
Then suddenly it came back again and I was able to use it.  Sometimes this
happens when there are multiple instances of word running in task manager -
stop these processes if Word is closed and the process is still running.

But the most reliable way of getting rid of the problem for good is to
digitally sign your macros.

Sometimes you may have to tick the box that comes up with the 'trust this
macro' dialog box to always trust the macro - really stop and read that
message.. i know I read it 1000 times before i saw the checkbox to 'trust' the
macro. That is fine if it only runs on your machine but if you are going to
deploy that macro then you will get that message again and again. Default
security setting in Word is High in most businesses as part of their SOE so you
have to work with that.

Digital certificates  involve some company investment in that they have to
'purchase' digital certs... which is not always included in the budget.

hope the helps,
Cheers
Nikki