atw: Re: Help!! Word numbering Restart problem [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: "Christine Kent" <christine_kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:30:38 +1000

Great Idea, wish it was still true for 2007.  When I do any manual
numbering, it recognises a list and automatically converts it to some woeful
numbered list.

Another of my workarounds is to put all procedures into tables with a narrow
column for numbers - then to enter the numbers manually - by far the fastest
way when you have lots of procedures.

I am currently preparing a 278 page, 7mg document (NOT written by me) for
print, and it is taking me all day.  It is full procedures that have been
formatted with numbered lists.  I want to tell ALL novice writers NEVER to
touch bullets and numbering (YES I AM SHOUTING - this task is driving me
nuts!) - but 2007 will effectively do that for me.  It will scare off all
but the most foolhardy.

ck

privacy policy can be viewed on the department's website at www.immi.gov.au
See: http://www.immi.gov.au/functional/privacy.htm