atw: Re: Help!! Word numbering Restart problem

  • From: "Amanda Cat" <amandacat22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:29:25 +0000

You're all correct. This is a PITA :)

I have taken Christine's suggestion and, after a lot of wrestling, created a new style, using Outline numbering so I can specify the margins in both the style *and* the Numbering box. This has aleviated the Restart pain.

I know what you're saying, Bob, about short lists and whatnot, but these guys are writing long procedures and they consist of many, many steps and figures and sub-heading interrupts. If I were formatting all the documents, I would probably do it another way, but these guys are less Word-savvy than me (!!) and I need to make it as simple as possible.

It *seems* to be stable at the moment. I will certainly ask if it breaks again. I have never used the ListNum field and will be sure to do some research :)

Many, MANY thanks for the help!
Amanda